The WSTA has the largest and broadest membership base of any trade association in our sector; multi-channel, multi-category, national and international, start-ups through to global brands.
- This event has passed.
Is the Future of Fine Wine Plant-Based?
March 2, 2022 @ 16:00 - 17:00
According to Bloomberg, the plant-based food market is growing exponentially, and is predicted to exceed $162 billion within the next decade. This growing interest in plant-based diets and solutions is already impacting the way that fine wine is being produced and distributed.
What could a 100% plant-based system look like?
Major themes to be addressed:
- What does plant-based biodynamics mean? How is this concept relevant for viticulture?
- From tannins to fining agents, how do plants impact the winemaking process?
- What is the latest development in plant-based wine packaging?
- When fine dining goes 100% plant-based, what does this mean for the wine list?
We are pleased to welcome the following panellists:
- Mike Barrow, Director, OpenVino, Argentina
- Watson Brown, Wine Director, Eleven Madison Park, USA
- Sebastiano Castiglioni, Owner, Querciabella, Italy
The discussion will be moderated by ARENI Global CEO Pauline Vicard, and Elin McCoy, Journalist for Bloomberg, Decanter and The World of Fine Wine.