The WSTA has the largest and broadest membership base of any trade association in our sector; multi-channel, multi-category, national and international, start-ups through to global brands.
- This event has passed.
BORDEAUX BLEND – Manchester
Following the success of Bordeaux Blend last year, Bordeaux Wines UK are once again inviting the trade and media to join them for an exclusive insight into the region’s fascinating art of blending.
Bordeaux winemakers and École du Vin de Bordeaux tutors will be leading the blending sessions, taking attendees on a journey through the region, its terroirs and the winemaking practices. The 1hr 45 minute sessions will focus on 3 key areas:
- Meet the Winemakers: 40 minutes to meet 4 winemakers, delve into 4 key topics (Climate Change, Agro-forestry, Modern Reds and New-Age winemakers) and taste 8 wines that demonstrate Bordeaux’s current approach to each.
- Place your Bets: Those willing to put a stake on their blind wine tasting knowledge, can place bets at the Bordeaux Casino to really test themselves.
- Create your own Bordeaux Blend: Finally, it’s into the Blending Room to learn how to balance a range of single varietals, and create a perfectly naunced Bordeaux wine…
While it takes years to truly master the art of blending, Bordeaux Blend provides a one-of-a-kind experience and behind-the-scenes demonstration of Bordeaux winemaking. This is expected to be a sell-out event, with only 20 spaces per session – don’t miss out! Book your space today and invite a colleague to join you at one of the trade sessions.
MANCHESTER: (Ducie Street Warehouse, M1 2TP)
• Thursday 5th October: 14:00 – 15:45
• Thursday 5th October: 16:15 – 18:00
Featuring the following Winemakers: Nathalie Escuredo – Château Boutinet; David Siozard – Vignobles Siozard, Marie Acier – Producta, Sarah Simon – Domaine St Amand